Images captured from the 1st public meeting held by the Mossmorran Action Group which allowed an open forum for residents to raise concerns to the local authority, MSPs, local councillors and SEPA.
Between 150-175 residents attended the event from Cowdenbeath, Lochgelly, Lumphinnans, Cardenden, Auchtertool, and Benarty, alongside MSPs Mark Ruskell, David Torrance, Alexander Stewart and Annabelle Ewing.
A brief overview of the main issues raised:
- Air Quality
- Noise pollution
- Light pollution
- Land & Water contamination
- Vibration and structural damage to properties
- Plant safety
- Lack of Accountability and transparency of the Mossmorran & Braefoot Bay Community and Safety Forum
- Lack of real-time monitoring
- Health impacts: Birth defects, Cancers, Sleep deprivation, Mental Health issues and other stress related illnesses
- Trust issues between regulatory bodies and communities
Minutes and video of the meeting will be released as soon as they are available. The Mossmorran Action Group has set-up a group page on Facebook to allow residents to share their images, videos and experiences.