UnLtd has partnered with DLA Piper and Royal Bank of Scotland to ensure that your social enterprise stays on the right side of the law. Qualified lawyers will provide information about negotiating contracts, trademarking and protecting your intellectual property and the basics of employment law.
This workshop is for any Social Entrepreneurs who feel they need to:
- Understand the ‘do’s’ and ‘don’ts’ that should be considered when negotiating contracts with their key stakeholders.
- Understand the importance of protecting their valuable business assets such as logos, inventions, products and designs, with information on copyright, patents and trademarks.
- Understand the laws that must be followed to expand their team and ensure a fair relationship with their employees
Please note, this is an educational legal workshop as opposed to a legal clinic. No legal advice on individual legal issues will be provided during the workshop.
Timing for the day
This workshop includes a networking lunch – a great opportunity to meet your fellow social entrepreneurs
- 9.45am Arrival and Registration
- 10.15am – Welcome
- 10.30am – 12pm – General Contracts and Negotiation Session
- 12pm – 12.30pm – Lunch
- 12.30pm – 2pm – IP Session
- 2pm – 3pm – Employment Session
- 3pm Conclusion
Please send a brief description of your social enterprise (3 lines) and the legal matters that are of interest to the development of your social enterprise (3 lines) to email@example.com by 16th June the latest. You can register for your free ticket at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/start-up-law-for-social-entrepreneurs-edinburgh-tickets-34654275872. Please note that Unltd expect the workshop to be oversubscribed so request that individuals only book a place if you are able to attend for the whole day.