The Power Sharing Agreement between Fife SNP and Fife Labour includes a Programme for Administration which sets out a series of objectives to be carried forward under the theme heading: Transport.
1. Continue to campaign for vital improvements to the A92, in particular at the Cadham and Balfarg junctions and in Freuchie
2. Continue to campaign for the reopening of the Levenmouth Rail Link and refer STAG to local Area committee for review.
3. Support the development of other strategic transport projects including the Dunfermline/Alloa rail link, Rosyth park and ride, Newburgh rail halt, Halbeath rail halt and the development potential at the Port of Rosyth
4. Work with transport operators to secure free or subsidised transport for young carers, looked after children and those seeking employment or relying on foodbanks and continue to support older people and disabled people to maintain their independence by ensuring they have free public transport through concessionary travel schemes
5. Implement Area Committee assessments on car parking and transport needs with a view to devolving car parking to Area Committees. Consider Area reports strategically in relation to general car parking charging including Sunday parking and Non Domestic Rates, to be concluded in first 6 months of the Administration
6. Campaign for re-regulation of bus operators and against bus route cuts and investigate alternative transport solutions for the growing evening and week-end service gaps, specifically Cooperative Bus Services which protect socially necessary routes. Demand Responsive Transport outcomes to be defined.
7. Continue to lobby for a fair deal for Fifers on rail fares and better services
8. Continue to develop cycling and walking routes across Fife and support the “We Walk We Cycle We Vote” initiative.