The Power Sharing Agreement between Fife SNP and Fife Labour includes a Programme for Administration which sets out a series of objectives to be carried forward under the theme heading: Health and Social Care.
Health and Social Care
1. Build 3 more care homes with care villages.
2. Resist any attempt to impose care charges
3. Work with NHS Fife to develop a more decentralised and local approach to the provision of health care in our communities
4. Work with NHS Fife to improve and expand mental health services in Fife and implement our newly agreed strategy to provide mental health support and counselling to young people through schools and work to secure Fife’s share of the £35m Scottish Government funding to support the employment of additional mental health workers in hospitals, GP surgeries and police stations over the next five years
5. Improve assessment time for care packages and aids and adaptations
6. Maintain the council’s in house home care service and resist attempts to privatise our homes or care services
7. Pilot approaches to the development of dementia friendly communities and develop community capacity across the generations to provide mentorship to young people and tackle loneliness in senior citizens
8. Continue our commitment to the Unison Ethical Care Charter
9. Continue support for the proven residential care and rehabilitation provision for substance misuse and develop preventative and early intervention approaches to tackle the problem of substance misuse