The creaminess of this soup is due to the potatoes, a trick you might want to use to reduce the fat in some of your favorite soup recipes.
- 1 Tbs (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch (2 cm) pieces
- 1/2 lb (250 g) baking potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) non-fat milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- A grating of fresh nutmeg
- Chopped parsley to garnish
Preparation Instructions (Serves 4 to 6)
- Heat the oil in a pot over moderate heat and saute the onions until tender but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, potato, and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Carefully puree the soup in small batches in a food processor or electric blender.
- Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Serve hot or cold, garnished with chopped parsley.
If you like my recipes you can get mpore on my website: http://www.wwrecipes.com/