The Lochgelly Sunflower Nursery have recently received their ‘Health Promoting School Accreditation Phase 3‘ which means that the nursery has met the following criteria:
- Attention has been given to the development of a common understanding of health.
- Explicit links between Health & Wellbeing and successful learning are understood by all staff.
- Specific opportunities are provided to promote this shared understanding and enhance practice.
- Opportunities are provided to enable staff, pupils and families to examine their attitudes and assumptions about health.
- Individuals are informed about health issues and empowered to take control of their own health by making positive choices.
- Regular CPD opportunities for staff are identified and planned in accordance with the Health Promotion, Health Improvement agenda.
This helps the nursery staff provide health awareness to the pupils and their family and is a good award, alongside the green flag scheme which shows the nursery as a very progressive and forward thinking nursery.
Sunflower have had quite a successful year, and recently managed to raise £129 for their chosen charity Edinburgh Sick
Kids, they also raised £1783.30 through the sponsored Rhyme Time.
For the next social awareness project, the Sunflower Nursery is requesting parents to donate items of household goods for
Romania. The items they are looking for include:
- Washing liquid
- hand soap
- toothbrushes and toothpaste
- letter paper and envelopes
For further details about the Lochgelly Sunflower Nursery, please contact: 01592 781 585