Admin Note: Below is a press release received from Fife Council requesting your votes for a bag design for Lochgelly. Please feel free to make your vote and leave your comments below

“I Love Lochgelly” is the theme behind a promotional campaign to promote Lochgelly locally and further afield. Four designs for canvas bags have been developed as part of the campaign and everyone in Lochgelly is invited to vote for their favourite design.

Please vote between Saturday 30th July and Tuesday 9th of August by clicking on your favourite design. The winning design will be produced by a local company and be distributed at the Lochgelly Gala on 21st August 2011.

Hazel Cross, Economic Adviser, with Fife Council’s explains “As bag users’ travel throughout the Kingdom and beyond, the name of “Lochgelly” will be positively promoted everywhere they go. Not only will the bags will be an attractive marketing tool for Lochgelly, they are practical and reusable, giving people an environmentally friendly alternative to plastic bags.

The bag campaign is just one measure being used to support the revitalisation of the town centre which was a recommendation of the Lochgelly Charrette”

Please have your say and vote today using the poll below.

Which design did you like best?

• Design 1 (33%, 5 Votes)
  • Design 3 (33%, 5 Votes)
  • Design 2 (20%, 3 Votes)
  • Design 4 (13%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 15

Loading ... Loading ...
Load More Related Articles
Load More By Loch of Shining Waters
Load More In Public Services

10 Comments

1. Lochgelly

August 1, 2011 at 6:24 pm

You can also vote in the Lochgelly Library and the Local Office, further details will be published in the Fife Times

2. Cheryl

August 3, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Excellent idea!

3. Shauns Dad

August 4, 2011 at 9:52 am

Cheryl: Excellent idea!

heard about this from london. Like It !

4. Shaun

August 4, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Sell them on a website- for all us ex-L’gellyians?

• Lochgelly

August 5, 2011 at 9:46 am

That’s a good idea, I’ll let the council know. They might be limited in numbers but we can try and secure a few extra and send them out to any ex-L’gellyians that want them. If we manage to get any extra I’ll get in touch.

• shaun

August 10, 2011 at 11:19 am

Great- I would love to walk around London and Singapore with that bag. What about badges?

• Lochgelly

August 10, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I don’t think they have thought about badges. I’ve been in touch with the council today to see if we can get any extra bags to send out so I am just waiting for a reply.

I’ll let you know as soon as I hear something 😉

5. jim mcmanus

August 10, 2011 at 6:52 pm

James,
    remember we already have a full range of i”heart” lochgelly mugs, tshirts, keyrings etc. available in the shop. We could easily supply domed badges.

• Cheryl

August 12, 2011 at 11:36 am

Are these for sale at the moment Jim? How much and what you got? x

6. shaun

August 12, 2011 at 11:20 am

Thanks – next time I am up in Lochgelly- I will have a look into your shop- or do you have a link on your website?

Cheers