This is a quick article on how to resolve an Error 721: Remote PPP peer or computer is not responding if you are on Tiscali Broadband (now Talk Talk) connection using a Sagem F@st 800-840 modem running Microsoft Windows XP.
The first thing to do is follow all their online tutorials located at:
- Download Sagem F@st Drivers: http://support.sagemcom.com/site/modele_fax.php?page=produit&numero_type=9&produit=141
- Install Sagem Modem: http://support.talktalk.co.uk/cgi-bin/uk_tiscali.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=209
- Sagem Modem Lights: http://support.talktalk.co.uk/cgi-bin/uk_tiscali.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=27&p_created=1132737597&p_sid=ohyujj-j&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD00MjAsNDIwJnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ!!&p_li=&p_topview=1
- Create a connection: http://support.talktalk.co.uk/cgi-bin/uk_tiscali.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=227
If none of the articles helped an you are still recieving the error 721 code, then try the following to resolve your issue:
- On the bottom right hand menu (TaskBar) where the clock is located you should see a green triangle. Click for sample screenshot
- Double click on the green triangle and a pop-up window will appear. Check to see that DSL Status: OPERATIONAL. Click for sample screenshot
- Press the Alt + D key at the same time, this will pop-up a new window, titled Administrative. There will be four tabs, click the second Tab which is titled CONFIG. Click for sample screenshot
- There will be 4 boxes and these should be set to:
- ATM Channel: VPI set to the number 0, VCI set to 38
- Encapsulation Type: PPPoA VCMUX
- ADSL Standard: Make sure Multi-Standard is selected.
- USB: Make sure BULK is selected.
If you are still having issues and following the Tiscali/Talk Talk tutorials and this tutorial hasn’t resolved your issue then you will be best contacting the Tiscali/Talk Talk support line on 0871 222 3311. This line is semi automated so once you get to the first selection, choose 1, and then at the next selection press 2 and you should get through to a support advisor.
If you have found this article helpful please leave us feedback in the comments below.